23/09/2020 – Full Time
Windmill Healthcare is recruiting for the position of Activities Co-ordinator at our Abbot Close Care Centre. This role reports to the Director of Nursing / Person in Charge. The role of the Activities Co-ordinator at Abbot Close Care Centre is to assist in the provision of quality care to clients/residents by the provision of a comprehensive activities programme for residents in collaboration with the Director of Nursing and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee and coordinate the appropriate recreational, physical and individualised activities programme for the residents of Abbot Close Care Centre
- Review resident activity assessments on a regular basis or on a needs change basis
- Identify the needs of the collective group and individuals and tailor the activities to suit them
- Record the attendance of residents at all activities in the house and out of the house in EpiCare using the Therapies notes.
- Encourage involvement from the residents of Abbot Close Care Centre
- Establish an open relationship with each resident and encourage each resident to participate
- Educate Abbot Close Care Centre staff to provide resident activities.
- Liaise with local library services in assisting residents selecting and returning library books and or any other facility they provide.
- Report any concerns about a resident to the lead nurse in charge
- Attend training courses both in-house and at other locations to meet and enhance the service being provided by Abbot Close Care Centre
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Nursing.
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive.
- Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality. To this end, you will not discuss workings of the Home or its residents with people outside the Home
- Some previous experience would be an advantage
- Sonas aPc
Interested in people, community involvement, creative, outgoing, interested in promoting wellbeing.
Experience in a similar role
- To enjoy working with older people
- Be a committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life
- Highly motivated and have excellent communication skills to deliver activity programmes to a range of people
- The ability to work well in a team and liaise with other staff, volunteers and residents
- Act as a good role model
- Possess excellent teaching skills
What do we offer?
- Paid breaks
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted Food
Closing Date: Friday 25th August at 10.00am