22/09/2021 – Full Time
Assistant Director of Nursing- Clarinbridge
Windmill Healthcare are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Assistant Director of Nursing to join our Team at Clarinbridge Care Centre, Ballygarriff, Craughwell, Co. Galway
Clarinbridge Care Centre is an award-winning 56-bed care facility with a dedicated Acquired Brain Injury /Spinal unit.
This position reports to the Director of Nursing / Person in Charge. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing to lead and develop a team of Clinical Nurse Managers, Registered Nurses and Healthcare Assistants and to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution at a Clarinbridge Care Centre.
- Support and deputise in the absence of the Director of Nursing, will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
- Ensure that overall standards of hygiene and food safety are maintained at the highest level possible
- Participate in clinical management within Clarinbridge Care Centre in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training.
- Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement.
- Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
- In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
- Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
- Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
- Participate in the development of policies and standards for Clarinbridge Care Centre
- NMBI Registration
- Must have past experience as a Clinical Nurse Manager within a Nursing Home.
- 3 years post-registration experience in a nursing home environment in the last 6 years.
- Current experience at ADON level
- Post registration management qualification
- Qualification in Gerontology and/or Dementia is desirable
- Thorough knowledge of HIQA standards, regulations and governance in a Nursing Home setting
- Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills
- Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the Care Centre
- Have the ability to manage your own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
What do we offer?
• Paid breaks
• Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house paid training and opportunities for professional development
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised meals
• Employee Assistance Program
• Cycle to work initiative
Be part of our story… Apply Today!
Please send your CV to email@example.com