23/10/2020 – Full Time
Catering Assistant, Abbot Close Care Centre, Askeaton
Windmill Healthcare is recruiting for a catering assistant for Abbot Close Care Centre, Askeaton, Co. Limerick. This position will report into the Head Chef / Director of Nursing -Person in Charge.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in the preparation and service of all meals and beverages for residents, visitors, and staff to the required company
standards of hygiene and economy.
• Preparation of residents’ trays and dining areas ensuring that the necessary equipment, utensils, and food is available in the
required quantities and at the required time.
• Clear and clean kitchen, dining areas, and catering utensils using appropriate cleaning techniques and equipment as directed by the
• Advise residents on menu choice in a way as to give maximum choice.
• Adhere to good practice with regard to hygiene, health and safety, HACCP, and COSHH Regulation at all times meeting all legislative
• Assists with record keeping as directed by Chef.
• Carry out other duties as directed by the Line Manager.
Experience & Skills:
• HACCP trained
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent level of English both written and oral
• Can work as part of a team
• Minimum 1 year experience working in kitchen/catering
What do we offer?
• Paid breaks
• Free Garda Vetting
• Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
• Opportunities for career progression
• Free on-site parking
• Discounted Food