08/10/2021 – Full Time
Windmill Healthcare is recruiting for the position of Chef for our Abbot Close Care Centre, Askeaton, Co. Limerick.
This role reports to the Director of Nursing / Person in Charge and Head Chef.
You will work opposite Head Chef and will manage, supervise, and provide the catering service within the Care Centre efficiently and in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy and procedure.
- Responsible for all aspects pertaining to the smooth running and operation of the kitchen
- Ensure all food will be cooked and prepared to the highest standards with resident’s dietary requirements adhered to.
- Evaluate food production to optimise resident’s nutrition
- Adhere to all current HACCP Regulations (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Adhere to First Aid, Hygiene, Health & Safety rules, COSHH Regulations at all times.
- Achieve budgeted margin through efficient costings and menu planning.
- Ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety and HACCP are maintained in the catering facility.
- Manage and develop the kitchen team.
- Liaise with residents on the choices available to them to ensure their needs are being met
- Previous experience in a similar food service environment.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role i.e. Chef/ Sous Chef role.
Essential skills, competencies and/or professional knowledge
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and the ability to introduce new ideas
- Strong organisational and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of HACCP and the ability to implement a HACCP Plan.
- Food costing knowledge. Ability to teach, mentor, and inspire staff.
- Have the ability to produce nutritious, quality food for our residents
What do we offer?
- Paid breaks
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free on-site parking
- On-site parking
- Discounted/free food
Be part of our story…Apply Today!
Please send you CV to email@example.com