09/04/2021 – Full Time
Director of Nursing, Clarinbridge Care Centre
Interested in Brain & Spinal Injury Care, rehabilitation and older persons care, then why not consider Clarinbridge Care Centre, a 56 bed nursing home specialising/dedicated Acquired Brain Injury /Spinal unit with ensuite rooms available with their own private gardens.
Windmill Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Nursing to lead in the day-to-day operations of Clarinbridge Care Centre.
Clarinbridge Care Centre has a broad spectrum of care to include Spinal and Rebab Care, Complex Care and a Rehabilitation programme young people living with brain and spinal injuries following an accident, trauma, illness or stroke.
- Demonstrate Governance & Leadership in the management of Clarinbridge Care Centre
- Ensure the provision of a high standard of care and service to the resident and their families
- Ensure compliance with HIQA Regulations.
- Promote and Oversee the delivery of holistic, person centred care
- Oversee the delivery of care & services with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate with relevant teams regarding ongoing Clarinbridge Care Centre operations.
- Communicates with the residents, families and MDT members for all residents, relatives, and visitors on an on-going basis.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- Ensure excellence in Governance, Management & Leadership
- Responsibility for the management of the team supported by the ADON.
- Facilitate Training & Education
- Implement and amend policies and procedures in line with current & guidelines
- Communication with external agencies
- Responsibility for Risk Management, Health & Safety, Management of Complaints & Incidents in line with company Policy.
- Create and promote open communications, healthy working relationships, and stimulate initiative among the team
- Motivate team members, by agreeing goals and objectives, through performance review
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive
- A registered General Nurse on the Register of Nurses held by An Board Altranais
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Management Qualifications
- Post graduate diploma in gerontology
- Gerontology Experience
- Minimum three years post graduate experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in Care of the Older Person at CNM level
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the ageing process
- Essential skills, competencies, and/or professional knowledge
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and clinical nursing practice in Care of Older Persons
- In-depth knowledge of HIQA and compliance with the Health Act and working within HR law, EHO and relevant legislation governing nursing homes
- Act as a good role model
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to manage change
Be part of our story..Apply Today!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org