16/06/2021 – Full Time
Director of Nursing- Co. Kerry
Windmill Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Nursing to lead in the day-to-day operations at Willow Brooke Care Centre, Castleisland, Co. Kerry.
Willow Brooke Care Centre, located on College Road, Castleisland is a modern state of the art 75-bed facility.
- Demonstrate Governance & Leadership in the management of Willow Brooke Care Centre
- Ensure the provision of a high standard of care and service to the resident and their families
- Ensure compliance with HIQA Regulations.
- Promote and Oversee the delivery of holistic, person centred care
- Oversee the delivery of care & services with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate with relevant teams regarding ongoing Willow Brooke Care Centre operations.
- Communicates with the residents, families and MDT members for all residents, relatives, and visitors on an on-going basis.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- Ensure excellence in Governance, Management & Leadership
- Responsibility for the management of the team supported by the ADON.
- Facilitate Training & Education
- Implement and amend policies and procedures in line with current & guidelines
- Communication with external agencies
- Responsibility for Risk Management, Health & Safety, Management of Complaints & Incidents in line with company Policy.
- Create and promote open communications, healthy working relationships, and stimulate initiative among the team
- Motivate team members, by agreeing goals and objectives, through performance review
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive
- A registered General Nurse on the Register of Nurses held by An Board Altranais
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Management Qualification
- Post graduate diploma in gerontology
- Gerontology Experience
- Minimum of 3 years nursing in a Residential Care environment in the last 6 years
- Has a minimum of 3 year’s management experience
- Commitment to Quality Improvement & Governance
- Familiar with HIQA standards in Residential Care
- Act as a good role model
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to manage change
Be part of our story.. Apply Today!
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call (022) 34693 for more details