23/11/2020 – Full Time
Domestic Assistant/Cleaners- Askeaton, Co. Limerick
Windmill Healthcare is looking for a caring, empathetic, and reliable Domestic Assistant/Cleaners for Abbot Close Care Centre, Askeaton, Co. Limerick. Our Domestic Assistant/Cleaners will work as a member of our care team, delivering and ensuring the highest levels of care to our Residents. This role will report directly to the Director of Nursing.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Maintain all areas in the care centre to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene.
• Carry out assigned housekeeping duties including cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing and moping of equipment, furnishing, crockery, cutlery, kitchen appliances, toilets, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, windows and refuse disposal areas.
• Domestic and hazardous waste disposal; ensure bins are collected, cleaned and kept in a hygienic manner at all times.
• Cleaning of spillages as they occur and proper use of safety signs.
• Adhere to infection control policies and procedures and keep up-to-date on best practices.
• Report and record any observed defects on the premises and grounds, equipment or other problems that may affect the general standard of service.
Education & Qualifications:
• Current and valid Infection Control, Chemical Awareness, Food Handling, HACCP, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
• Previous working experience in care of the older person within a residential care home setting is desirable.
• Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
• Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people and be a committed, patient, and caring person with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.
• Comply and adhere to Windmill Healthcare Code of Conduct, Key Competencies & Policies, and Procedures.
• Attend and participate in training and assessments as required to refresh or gain new knowledge/skills.
• Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
• Promote, encourage, and practice the ethos of person-centered care.
• Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
• Be committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.
• Maintain resident’s dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms in a neat, presentable, and hygienic state.
• Support and assist other staff members in promoting a cheerful, pleasant, and homelike environment and demonstrate a friendly attitude towards residents.
• Due to the nature of our business, flexibility with rostered days and hours of work is required.
• Must be available to work various days, nights, and weekend shifts when required.
What do we offer?
-Guaranteed hours contracts
-Free Garda Vetting
-Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
-Opportunities for career progression
-Free on-site parking
Apply today! Email your CV to: email@example.com