12/04/2021 – Full Time
Health Care Assistants- Willow Brooke, Castleisland, Co. Kerry
Windmill Healthcare are now looking for caring, empathetic, and reliable Healthcare Assistants for our new state of the art Willow Brooke Care Centre, Castleisland, Co. Kerry. We are continuing to grow our workforce at Willow Brooke Care Centre.
Our Health Care Assistants works as a member of our care team, delivering and ensuring the highest levels of care to our Residents.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
• Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
• Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
• Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
• Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
• Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
• Sustaining a high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
• Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
• Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Nurse in Charge and management.
Qualifications / Skills
• Must have FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare or Nursing Studies.
• Must have at least 2 years Healthcare Assistant experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work independently or part of a team
• Ability to maintain a positive approach
• Fluent level of English both written and oral
What do we offer?
• Guaranteed hours contracts
• Paid breaks
• Free Garda Vetting
• Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
• Opportunities for career progression
• Free on-site parking
Be part of our story….Apply Today!
Please send your CV to email@example.com