16/06/2021 – Full Time
Health Care Assistant- Clarinbridge Care Centre, Galway
Are you interested in Brain & Spinal care and rehabilitation? Do you want to be part of our progressive and innovative team at our award-winning care facility, the only one of its kind in the West of Ireland? In addition to first-class training and opportunities for continued professional development, we offer guaranteed hours contracts with paid breaks. Our rates of pay are competitive with higher rates for Sundays and public holidays.
Clarinbridge Care Centre is an award-winning 56-bed care facility with a dedicated Acquired Brain Injury /Spinal unit. We are currently looking for caring, empathetic, and reliable Healthcare Assistants to join our team. Our Healthcare Assistants work as members of our care team, delivering and ensuring the highest levels of care to our Residents.
These roles will report directly to the Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centered care to meet the needs of residents
• Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support, and companionship
• Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
• Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
• Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
• Participating, organising, and carrying out social activities
• Sustaining a high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
• Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
• Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Nurse in Charge and management.
Qualifications / Skills
• Must have FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare or be working towards this qualification
• Experience working in a healthcare environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to maintain a positive approach
• Fluent level of English both written and oral
What do we offer?
• Competitive rates of pay with higher rates for Sundays and Public Holidays
• Paid breaks
• Guaranteed hours contracts
• Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house paid training and opportunities for professional development
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised meals
• Free Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential support and counseling to you and your immediate family
• Cycle to work initiative
Be part of our story…Apply Today!
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org