06/10/2021 – Full & Part Time
Health Care Assistant- Newcastle West, Co Limerick
Windmill Healthcare are now looking for caring, empathetic, and reliable Healthcare Assistants for Killeline Care Centre, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick. Our Health Care Assistants works as a member of our care team, delivering and ensuring the highest levels of care to our Residents.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining a high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Nurse in Charge and management.
Qualifications / Skills
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare or Nursing Studies
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work independently or part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive approach
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
What do we offer?
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Paid breaks
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted Food
Be part of our story…Apply Today!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org