25/02/2020 – Full & Part Time
Healthcare Assistant in Clarinbridge, Co Galway
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in getting residents up in the morning and putting them to bed a night or rest during the day, including dressing; undressing, bathing, toileting and attention to oral and personal hygiene in accordance with their care plan.
- Assist in the serving of meals and refreshments, clearing away, and setting tables and trays, preparing light meals may be required from time to time, assist those who need help with feeding.
- Assist in the domestic routines eg. bed making, mopping, dusting and polishing furniture, washing personal clothes, shelves and ledges of resident’s rooms including bathroom and toilets.
- Ensure all equipment is thoroughly clean and returned to its proper place after use.
- Care for patients in bed in accordance with their care plan.
- Give special attention to incontinence patients, assist in changing their clothing, bathing them and changing bed linen as often as necessary.
- Help residents with their mobility problems and other physical disabilities to get around.
- Help maintain resident’s physical, mental, emotional and social alertness by talking and listening to them.
- Notify the occurrences of illness and all accidents to the nurse on duty and record them in accordance to the procedure.
- It is the policy of Clarinbridge Care Centre to use the fluid balance charts and keep accurate records of same at all times.
- To observe and record the emotional and physical and emotional well being of residents and report changes to the nurse on duty.
- Take all possible steps to protect your own welfare and safety and that of residents and other staff.
- Participate fully in a handover to other care staff at the beginning and end of a shift.
- Be familiar with fire precautions and emergency procedures.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer call bells, emergency bells, the door and the telephone as required.
- Operate as a member of a team and attend staff meetings and training programmes as required
- Take on such duties as the duty nurse may require from time to time.
- Observe strict confidentiality at all times.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Clarinbridge Care Centre’s policies.
The duties of a care assistant may change from time to time; therefore this job description is subject to amendment taking into account changing patterns of resident care.
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com or telephone (091-777700) for more information.