24/11/2020 – Part Time
Maintenance Person (Full-time)
Windmill Healthcare is recruiting for a Maintenance Person for our Abbot Close Care Centre, Askeaton, Co. Limerick. This position will report into the Director of Nursing -Person in Charge.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment, call systems, lights, and general maintenance procedures
- Schedule checks of stores and store areas
- Scheduled preventative maintenance and equipment checks eg: generator testing, fire exits, alarms, emergency doors etc
- Perform minor repair of all buildings and equipment
- Assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paint building structures, touch up paint in areas where paint has become scuffed or blistered.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis ie. Door locks, windows.
- Repair doors, door locks, tables, chairs and closets
- Assist in portering in Abbot Close Care Centre
- Assist in moving equipment around, filling skips when needed.
- Liaise with water, electrical, outside contractors who service Abbot Close Care Centre
- Assist other maintenance personnel.
- Keep the underfloor heating system in full working order with the assistance of a qualified plumber
- Repair electrical equipment and control circuits with assistance from a certified electrician
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Keep the grounds clean and tidy, weeding, and power hosing as needed.
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Nursing.
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive.
- Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality. To this end, you will not discuss workings of the Home or its residents with people outside Abbot Close Care Centre
- No educational qualifications are required
- Practical Maintenance Courses
- Good knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Previous experience in facilities maintenance would be an advantage.
- Act as a good role model
- Problem solving
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to motivate self and work on own initiative
- Like working with older people
What do we offer?
- Paid breaks
- Free Garda Vetting
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted Food
Apply today by emailing CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 2pm on 27th November 2020