24/09/2021 – Full Time
Windmill Healthcare is recruiting for an Occupational Therapist for our Ferbane Care Centre. These positions reports into the Director of Nursing -Person in Charge.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Caseload management
- Budget management
- Assess, plan, and direct the S&R programme needs for all residents.
- Review and evaluate care plans and recommend changes if necessary.
- Meet with all new admissions and assess OT needs. Comply with the HSE – HIQA – DOHC legislation and standards
- Encourage recognition of the resident as an individual; ensure residents are facilitated to provide feedback and information about the therapy they receive
- Communicate with relatives of residents and with visitors as required.
- Attend Family forum meetings and provide progress to the families
- Consent – Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment
- Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes. This will include patients who may have difficulties in understanding or communicating
- Evaluate patient progress, reassess, and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To assess the patients general health, past medical history, and functional abilities to determine areas of weakness or lost function
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive.
- Manage a team of allied health professionals i.e basic grade OT, Social and Recreational Coordinator, Activities Assistant
- Plan a monthly roster and work with HR to cover shifts
- Attend Health and Safety meetings and work with the CNMs to agree on care plans and create a positive working environment.
- Complete management audits as requested and submit a monthly report to HSE as per the Service Level Agreement.
- Submit budget returns annually and projects for the upcoming year on equipment needs. Assess the resident’s equipment needs and submit to the DON for approval.
Education and Training
- Attend mandatory training as required. Advise the DON if staff require additional training or upskilling in specific areas
Qualifications, experience, and knowledge
- BSc Hons Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of previous experience
- Continuous professional development plan
- Communication and interpersonal skills – Motivation and Creativity
- Teaching skills – the ability to monitor and provide education
- Has the ability to work to deadlines and manage time effectively.
What do we offer?
- Paid breaks
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted Food
Be part of our story…Apply Today!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org