10/06/2020 – Full Time
Physiotherapist, based from Killeline Care Centre.
Windmill Healthcare is recruiting for the role of a Physiotherapist, based from Kileline Care Centre, Newcastle West. The role involves travel between three of our Centres – Killeline Care Centre, Abbot Close in Askeaton and also Windmill House in Churchtown.
The physiotherapist should be able to demonstrate that they have developed clinical, communication and critical skills in relation to him / herself and others. The Physiotherapist should be able to demonstrate increased clinical knowledge and skill, evaluative techniques, and the ability to function effectively within a team, to the benefit of the patients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry a clinical caseload appropriate to the post
- Be responsible for client assessment, development, and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are client-centered and in line with best practice
- Be responsible for goal setting in partnership with the client, family, and other team members as appropriate
- Ensure that the privacy and dignity of the patient is respected at all times.
- Communicate and work in co-operation with other team members
- Develop effective communication with and provide instruction, guidance, and support to service users, families, and carers. Maintain good communications with Consultants, General Practitioners, and community care team members for early discharge and adequate follow-up.
- Document client records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies
- Maintain an accurate record-keeping system to comply with legal requirements, to support clinical studies, and to provide information for data collection.
- Participate in review meetings, case conferences as appropriate.
- Maintain professional standards of practice
- Maintain quality standards of work and co-operate with quality assurance programmes
- Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct, and clinical governance
- Seek the advice of relevant personnel when appropriate / as required
- Operate within the scope of practice of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
- Keep abreast with current changes in clinical practice by attending in-services, seminars, conferences and post-graduate courses
- Attend team meetings when necessary.
- Participate in the performance review process with the Director of Nursing.
- Third Level Degree in Physiotherapy qualification required
Required Start Date – Monday 31st August 2020
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Discounted/free food
- Travel expenses
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (022-34693) for more information.