30/04/2021 – Full Time
Senior Healthcare Assistant- Castleisland, Co. Kerry
Windmill Healthcare are now looking for a caring, empathetic, and reliable Senior Healthcare Assistant for our new state of the art Willow Brooke Care Centre, Castleisland, Co. Kerry. We are continuing to grow our workforce at Willow Brooke Care Centre.
The Senior Healthcare Assistant will assist in the provision of care delivery at the highest level of care and ensure that residents retain their dignity and privacy.
- Assist in delivering a high standard of holistic care to residents, promoting their equality and dignity at all times
- To carry out assigned and delegated tasks involving direct care and all activities of daily living under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing
- Ensure all weekly and monthly weights on your assigned units are completed with any issues being raised to the nurse in charge.
- To complete monthly observations on all residents in your assigned unit
- To mentor and induct new healthcare assistants
- To take blood sugar levels where directed by the nurse on duty
- Provide PEG tube flushes and care where required
- Act as the named carer for specific residents as allocated by the Director of Nursing.
- Respect privacy and dignity of all residents and promote their independence
- Ensure all residents living areas and bedrooms are left neat and presentable for residents and visitors.
- Contribute to the moving and treatment of residents to maximise physical comfort, utilising manual handling techniques. Provide particular attention to residents who have limited mobility.
- Observe care plans and alert Nurses regarding any changes in the physical and mental state of the residents
- Report immediately any incident or potential incident which may compromise the health and safety of residents or visitors.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe environment for the residents, staff and visitors.
- Communication with all residents and their family/friends. Ensure that all are made feel welcome and offered refreshments.
- Assist in the delivery of end of life care.
- Contribute to the serving of resident meals, assisting residents to eat and drink as necessary
- Escort residents when needed to travel externally
- Comply with all policies and procedures relevant to job role including those that incorporate health and safety, infection control and waste disposal
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Nursing
Qualifications / Skills
• Must have FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare or Nursing Studies.
• Must have at least 3 years Healthcare Assistant experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work independently or part of a team
• Ability to maintain a positive approach
• Fluent level of English both written and oral
What do we offer?
• Guaranteed hours contracts
• Paid breaks
• Free Garda Vetting
• Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
• Opportunities for career progression
• Free on-site parking
Be part of our story….Apply Today!
Closing date: Friday 07th May 2021
Please send your CV to email@example.com